Research enthusiast with two years of teaching experience. Confident in working on different branches of machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence. Goal is to bring new knowledge into the world.
November 2019 – Present Lecturer Department of Computer Science & Engineering Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET), Bangladesh February 2019 – September 2019 Lecturer Department of Computer Science & Engineering United International University (UIU), Bangladesh
2019-Present M.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET), Bangladesh CGPA: 3.88 / 4.00 (running) Grade Sheets Thesis: Post-translational Modification Prediction in Proteins. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Boshir Ahmed, Email: email@example.com
B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering
Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET), Bangladesh CGPA: 3.96/ 4.00, First Class with Honors (First Merit Position) Certificate, Transcript & Grade Sheets Thesis: Prediction of Lysine Glycation PTM site in Protein using Peptide Sequence Evolution based Features, 2017-18 Supervisor: Dr. Md. Al Mehedi Hasan (Professor)
Higher School Certificate
Mahmudul Hasan Adarsha College, Tangail, Bangladesh GPA: 5.00/ 5.00 Certificate & Grade Sheet
Secondary School Certificate
Bindubashini Govt. Boys' Hight School, Tangail, Bangladesh GPA: 5.00/ 5.00 Certificate & Grade Sheet
- Biomedical Imaging
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- M. E. Arafat, M. W. Ahmad, S. M. Shovan, A. Dehzangi, S. R. Dipta, M. A. M. Hasan, G. Taherzadeh, S. Shatabda, and A. Sharma, “Accurately Predicting Glutarylation Sites Using Sequential Bi-Peptide-Based Evolutionary Features,” Genes, vol. 11, no. 9, p. 1023, Aug. 2020, doi: 10.3390/genes11091023.
- S. Ahmed, A. Rahman, M. A. Hasan, S. Ahmad, and S. M. Shovan, “Computational identification of multiple lysine PTM sites by analyzing the instance hardness and feature importance,” Scientific Reports, vol. 11, no. 1, 2021.
- S. M. Shovan and M. A. M. Hasan, "Prediction of Lysine Glycation PTM site in Protein using peptide sequence evolution based features", 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), Cox'sBazar, Bangladesh, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ECACE.2019.8679407.
- Husnul Abid, Nusrat Jahan Jenny, S. M. Shovan, "Improved Identification Performance of Lysine Glycation PTM using PSI-BLAST," 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 18-21, doi: 10.1109/TENSYMP50017.2020.9231035.
- Md Wakil Ahmad, Md Easin Arafat, S. M. Shovan, Mahtab Uddin, Omar Faruq Osama, "Enhanced Prediction of Lysine Propionylation Sites using Bi-peptide Evolutionary Features Resolving Data Imbalance," 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2020, pp. 1668-1671, doi: 10.1109/TENSYMP50017.2020.9230466.
- S. M. Shovan, M. A. Hasan, and M. R. Islam, “Accurate Prediction of Formylation PTM Site using Multiple Feature Fusion with LightGBM Resolving Data Imbalance Issue,” 2020 23rd International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), 2020.
- S. M. Shovan, M. Al Mehedi Hasan, and M. R. Islam, “Improved Prediction of Glutarylation PTM Site using Evolutionary Features with LightGBM Resolving Data Imbalance Issue,” 2021 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Sustainable Development (ICICT4SD), 2021.
- M. R. Islam, A. Matin, M. Nahiduzzaman, M. S. Siddiquee, F. M. Hasnain, S. M. Shovan, and T. Hasan, “A Novel Deep Convolutional Neural Network Model for Detection of Parkinson Disease by Analysing the Spiral Drawing,” Algorithms for Intelligent Systems, pp. 155–165, 2021.
- Title: Most Dominant Metabolomic Biomarkers Identification for Lung Cancer. (Journal: Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine - Q1).
- Title: Multi-class Cancer Classification and Biomarker Identification from RNA-Seq Gene Expression Data. (Journal: PLOS ONE - Q1).
- Title: iMul-kSite: Computational Identification of Multiple Lysine PTM Sites by Analyzing the Instance Hardness and Feature Importance. (Journal: Scientific Reports - Q1).
- Title: Introducing An Optimized Sorting Algorithm Ensuring Lower Runtime and Memory Usage Than Traditional Natural Merge Algorithms.
- Title: Enhanced Prediction of the Diagnosis of Liver, Diabetics and Breast Cancer using various classification techniques resolving data imbalance issue
- University Grant Commission (UGC), Bangladesh funded research project on "Proteomics" approved by RUET
- Indian Liver Patient Disease Prediction
- DNA Binding Protein Prediction
- Heart Disease Prediction
- Post-translational Modification Identification
- Protein Function Prediction
2020 Deep Learning Specialization Issuing Organization: Coursera, Credential ID: UR33QPWUW4DR 2020 Emerging Technologies Workshop: Network Programmability with Cisco APIC-EM Issuing Organization: Cisco 2017 Machine Learning Issuing Organization: Coursera, Credential ID: 3X8GA5KEARH9
ACADEMIC PROJECT EXPERIENCE
2018 Hardware: Logging Real-time Temperature and Humidity from Environment A temperature and humidity monitoring tool sensed using raspberry Pi and sensors. github.com/SMShovan/temphumpro 2018 Graphics: Eve-teasing Consciousness An OpenGL graphics project created for spreading consciousness in societies. github.com/SMShovan/EveTeasingGraphcisCpp 2017 Web Development: Blood Donation A website for connecting the blood donors and needers. github.com/SMShovan/Blood-Donation-web-project 2016 OOP: A Flag Identification Quiz and Learning App A Java based quiz app developed for learning and testing flags around globe. github.com/SMShovan/Identify-Flags
Programming Language Skills
Administration & Scripting
|Father||S.M. Afaz Uddin|
|Retired Additional Director, Agricultural Department|
|Mother||Kh. Maleka Shirin|
|Achiever of Ratnagarva Award|
|Brother||Dr. S M Sohan, Ph.D, University of Calgary|
|Graduation: Computer Science & Engineering, BUET|
|Principal Engineering Manager, Microsoft, Canada|
|Former Manager III, Software Engineering, Cisco, Canada|
|Sister||Doctor Sumana Shifat|
|MBBS (Mymensingh medical college), FCPS (Obs and Gynae), BCS (Health)|
|Medical officer,Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital, Dhaka.|
|Sister-in-law||Shahana Bintey Kabir|
|Graduation: Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), BUET|
|Former Research Associate, University of Calgary|
|Brother-in-law||Md Abuboker Siddique|
|L.L.B, L.L.M (Chittagong University)|
|Additonal Chief Metropolitan Magistrate,Dhaka|
June 2020 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP) 2020 Organized by. IEEE Bangladesh Section December 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Computer & Telecommunication Organized by, Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering, RUET, Bangladesh February 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering Organized by, Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering, CUET, Bangladesh
2021 INT'L CONFERENCE ON BANGABANDHU AND DIGITAL BANGLADESH https://icbbdb.com 2020 2nd International Conference on ADVANCED INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY http://icaict.uiu.ac.bd
Speaker in Seminar
2021 Bio-Bio-1 Seminar in interdisciplinary field https://fb.watch/8pw7D0EEmD/
- Md. Al Mehedi Hasan, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh (Supervisor). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: +88-01712205360
- Dr. Md. Rabiul Islam, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh (Teacher). Email: email@example.com, Cell: +88-0171541 8938
- Dr. A H M Sarowar Sattar, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh (Teacher), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: +88-01761325290
- Swakkhar Shatabda, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), United International University (UIU), Dhaka, Bangladesh (Co-author and former colleague). Email: email@example.com, Cell: +88-01776195310